Surfing the internet a few weeks back, I discovered several recipes for eggs baked in cupcake pans. I’ve been trying to stick to the no sugar/no bread thing, but find myself skipping breakfast. This is my version of cupcake eggs which I like to make on Sunday and then re-heat the rest of the week. They’re really simple and total time in the kitchen is not more than a half hour from beginning to end - 20 minutes of it is baking time. Best of all they’re delish!
Cheesy Sausage Cupcake Eggs
I like to make 6 scrambled and 6 “fried” muffins. Another option is to use an egg substitute to make a dozen which will save time and cholesterol.
- 1 Muffin Pan w/liners
- 6 pre-cooked turkey sausage patties (can also use crumbled cooked sausage)
- Dozen Eggs or equivalent egg substitute
- 1/2 cup of shredded cheese
- Salt and Pepper
Directions: Pre-heat oven to 350
- Trim the round sausage patties to fit into the bottom of a lined cup and place inside 6 of them.
- Crumble the remaining sausage and place in bottom of the remaining cups; dividing equally.
- Crack and pour an 1 egg each into 6 cups. Scramble 6 eggs with a dash of milk and divide equally into the remaining cups.
- Add a dash of salt and pepper to each if you would like
- Top with a generous pinch of shredded cheddar cheese
Bake for 20 minutes. Wrap each individually or keep in an airtight container, store in refrigerator and heat in microwave for 40-50 seconds for breakfast or a snack each day.
Note: You can get as creative as you want! Use pre-cooked bacon, add onions or mix it up with a variety of cheeses and herbs. It’s pretty hard to go wrong on this one.
For busy families, this is so easy and kids love it. It’s perfect for breakfast on the go or at home before they head out the door to school.